Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken
If the words crispy, lemon, garlic, chicken, delicious and weeknight eating appeal to you”¦then you will love this dish. Roasted chicken reminds me of hearth, home, and a mother’s love, and what better dish than this to surround with loved ones at your dining room table? It lends itself to whatever side dishes are locally seasonal; you can dress it up with elegant baby root vegetables, or go casual and homey with your family’s favorites.
Though I’m known and loved for my Heroine Chicken, when I sought a great last-minute weeknight meal that didn’t need to marinate in advance, I was delighted to develop this with Tessemae’s, because it tastes like it spent all day marinating. Of course I’m often up for the labor-intensive dish that requires a day in the kitchen, but when someone out there makes an outstanding product that rivals homemade, what’s not to love? I had fun developing this dish, and every one of my enthusiastic tasters asked for seconds, but there weren’t any, so next time I’ll double it! Dinner in under an hour from start to table, and astoundingly simple. We broiled the chicken with Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Marinade as a base, adding some red wine vinegar to help crisp the skin. It’s a knockout.
- Cutting board
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Pairing knife and carving knife
This recipe takes your chicken up a notch with Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Marinade. It’s so simple but absolutely delicious.
- Turn on oven to broil. The rack should be 6 inches away from top.
- Thoroughly salt and pepper chicken, then generously rub with olive oil.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the chicken on it, skin side down. Broil for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, and broil for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Move to cutting board and let sit 3 – 5 minutes. Then cut each chicken piece into 3 pieces – legs, thighs and breasts with wings attached.
- In the same pan, place sliced Yukon Gold potatoes. Then place chicken on top of potatoes. Whisk 1 cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Marinade together with 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, then pour 1/2 or more over chicken and potatoes, setting some aside for later. Make sure all pieces are covered. Place lemon slices over.
- Broil chicken until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. If not crispy, broil 5 more minutes. Pull out any chicken or potatoes that are done early. Then remove chicken and let potatoes cook until done. (If there is too much sauce in the pan, pour some off so the potatoes cook to a crisp.)
- Serve with a gorgeous arugula salad.
Keywords: whole30 chicken recipes, whole chicken recipes