Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken
If the words crispy, lemon, garlic, chicken, delicious and weeknight eating appeal to you”¦then you will love this dish. Roasted chicken reminds me of hearth, home, and a mother’s love, and what better dish than this to surround with loved ones at your dining room table? It lends itself to whatever side dishes are locally seasonal; you can dress it up with elegant baby root vegetables, or go casual and homey with your family’s favorites.
Though I’m known and loved for my Heroine Chicken, when I sought a great last-minute weeknight meal that didn’t need to marinate in advance, I was delighted to develop this with Tessemae’s, because it tastes like it spent all day marinating. Of course I’m often up for the labor-intensive dish that requires a day in the kitchen, but when someone out there makes an outstanding product that rivals homemade, what’s not to love? I had fun developing this dish, and every one of my enthusiastic tasters asked for seconds, but there weren’t any, so next time I’ll double it! Dinner in under an hour from start to table, and astoundingly simple. We broiled the chicken with Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Marinade as a base, adding some red wine vinegar to help crisp the skin. It’s a knockout.
- Cutting board
- Sheet pan
- Parchment paper
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Pairing knife and carving knife
Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: varies
- Category: Dinner
- Diet: Gluten Free
This recipe takes your chicken up a notch with Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Marinade. It’s so simple but absolutely delicious.
- 1 Whole Chicken, cut in half
- 1 cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Marinade
- 2 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- Kosher Salt
- Olive Oil
- Parsley for Garnish
- 2 Yukon Gold Potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- Turn on oven to broil. The rack should be 6 inches away from top.
- Thoroughly salt and pepper chicken, then generously rub with olive oil.
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the chicken on it, skin side down. Broil for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip, and broil for another 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Move to cutting board and let sit 3 – 5 minutes. Then cut each chicken piece into 3 pieces – legs, thighs and breasts with wings attached.
- In the same pan, place sliced Yukon Gold potatoes. Then place chicken on top of potatoes. Whisk 1 cup Tessemae’s Lemon Garlic Marinade together with 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar, then pour 1/2 or more over chicken and potatoes, setting some aside for later. Make sure all pieces are covered. Place lemon slices over.
- Broil chicken until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. If not crispy, broil 5 more minutes. Pull out any chicken or potatoes that are done early. Then remove chicken and let potatoes cook until done. (If there is too much sauce in the pan, pour some off so the potatoes cook to a crisp.)
- Serve with a gorgeous arugula salad.
Keywords: whole30 chicken recipes, whole chicken recipes
I just made this chicken for dinner after seeing it on your IG stories. I love it when a quick dinner comes together and is delicious. I didn’t have potatoes. I did already have arugula on my menu for tonight, so that was a surprise that went really well with the chicken. I saved the juices from the sheet pan from the chicken, dressing and vinegar. I am going to roast some cabbage in it tomorrow. Teri, you never cease to amaze me. Xoxo.
This is soooo fabulous. Every step of the way, from start to finish. Easy and delicious and zero guilt. My kind of food. I love, love, love the Tessemae’s shortcut. Yum.
Can I buy a whole chicken cut up? I have never cut a chicken on my own!!!ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜³ðŸ˜³or should I just bite the bullet?!??
You always have the best recipes and I love following your page on insta!! Keep being awesome!
Can’t wait to try this. Sorry I entered your giveaway but put my wrong Instagram name the first time so did it again. Thank you
What type of chicken do I use for curry meatballs? Is it ground chicken. If so where can I buy it so I know the ground chicken does not have the skin in it. Love love your blog and recipes
Do you have any tips for a broiler that is in a drawer at the base of a gas stove? I’m unable to manipulate the distance of flame to meat. And if it is a chicken cut in half, the chicken would be with 2 inches of the flame.
Thank you! Just started following you and can’t wait to try your recipes. You’re IG are awesome!
I went to get this tonight at Whole Foods but I read the ingredients and it said Sunflower oil which we can’t have in Whole30.
From the Whole30 website:
So, we ban the seed oils specifically off-limits according to the Whole30 â€œno grains, no legumesâ€ rules (corn oil, rice bran oil, soybean oil, and peanut oil), and encourage you to limit your use of the others (like safflower, sunflower, canola, grapeseed, or sesame) at home, while not specifically excluding them on the program. That means donâ€™t use canola as your primary cooking fat in your own kitchen; there are much healthier choices outlined in our shopping list. But donâ€™t stress about using high-oleic safflower or sunflower oil in your homemade mayo, or eating eggs fried in canola while out to brunch with your friends. See our Guide to Dining Out for more details on how to navigate your way around a restaurant menu (and their cooking oils).
I wouldn’t worry too much! I used sunflower oil in my homemade mayo while on Whole30 and used Tessamae’s Lemon Garlic for marinades. I think as long as you are using other healthier oils for the rest of your cooking, you should be okay.
O M Goooood! So delish! So easy! Even my super picky 7 year old was all over this (ok ok – I modified the recipe and just used chicken drumsticks- winner winner!). Perfect Monday dinner that felt fancy but was a breeze!! Thank you so much for this recipe.
Pingback: Lemon Garlic Roasted Chicken – SEO
Pingback: Lemon Garlic Roast Chicken – Christina Cooks Food
This is wing perfection! Everything that is good about chicken wings is right here in this recipe!
These look so delicious and sticky, what a great wing recipe. Teriyaki flavor is so good. These would be perfect for game days!