Sweet Potato Rounds with Crispy Prosciutto, Eggs and Zesty Red Pepper Ranch
- Scrambled Eggs
- Compliant Bacon or Pancetta
Sweet Potato Rounds
- 2 Japanese sweet potatoes
- 2 T olive oil
Zesty Red Pepper Ranch
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1 cup compliant ranch
- olive oil
1. Make your sweet potato rounds – Preheat oven to 425. Slice the potatoes ½ inch thick. You want them thin enough to crisp up, yet substantial enough to hold up. Line a baking sheet with tin foil. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil to tin foil and spread to coat evenly. Place sweet potato slices on foil. Brush the tops of the sweet potato slices with the remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with salt. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Remove from oven.
2. Make the Red Pepper Ranch – Oil the red peppers generously with olive oil. Then broil in the oven for about 5 minutes a side. In a food processor, puree the two roasted red peppers with 1 cup of compliant ranch.
3. Build your rounds – Fry pancetta or bacon until crispy. Scramble or fry eggs. Place a small dollop of zesty red pepper ranch on each sweet potato round and top with eggs and pancetta or bacon. Serve with arugula on the side.
Keywords: weekend breakfast, whole30 breakfast sandwich