For me, cooking is magic.It’s a perfect moment to get a pork shoulder on the bone and slow roast it in your oven. I’m not an Insta pot or slow cooker gal–my favorite tool for slow cooking is the oven. And I’m not criticizing anyone that is”¦I’m just saying that there is no substitute for the magic that happens in the oven with this unimaginably delicious pork shoulder which happens to be incredibly simple. The other day I shared my journey of making this, and so many of you were interested in the outcome, so: here it is, and it is quite simply perfection! You can’t cheat this process if you want crust like this. Join me in making it the old fashioned way and let me know what you think. Cooking is magic and it soothes the soul, so bring your people together and enjoy it as group.
- 1 eight pound pork shoulder on the bone
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 1 T fresh oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 250.
2. Salt and pepper the pork shoulder on all sides and place in baking dish leaving fat side up. Remove thyme and oregano leaves off the sprigs and sprinkle on the top of the pork.
3. Cook uncovered in the oven for 6 hours. Top with the garlic.
4. Return to the oven and cook for 2 hours.
5. Remove, cool and serve.