Roasted Lamb Loin with Mina Green Harissa
When I think about weeknight dinners and how to make them both easy and elevated, Mina comes to mind. I prefer everything homemade and have been a Harissa lover ever since I stumbled upon it in Sami Tamimi’s cookbook, Jerusalem. This North African condiment quite simply makes me happy – it is absolute soul food at its best. While I love the art of chopping the tomatoes, peppers, and spices, it is time-consuming and labor-intensive, so imagine my delight when I discovered Mina’s Harissa. It tasted as if it had been created in a grandmother’s kitchen. Rather than a paste, it’s an actual homestyle Harissa – and such began my love affair with Mina.
[recipe title=”Roasted Lamb Loin with Mina Green Harissa” print=”true” ]
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- 8 double cut Lamb Chops, about 2 — oz each
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Pepper
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Mina Green Harissa
- Take lamb chops out of the refrigerator while oven is preheating about 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven 425.
- Coat the lamb chops with 2 T olive oil and season with 1 t salt and 1 t pepper.
- Heat large heavy bottom skillet over medium high heat for 1 minute (one used for stove top and oven).
- Sear the lamb – 2 minutes one side, 2 minutes the other side, and 1 minute fat side down, bones up.
- Remove pan from the heat, brush with green harissa, being sure to cover lamb chops well on each side.
- Position lamb chops bone side down, fat side up
- Roast 5-6 minutes until medium rare.
- Remove and brush with remaining Mina’s green harissa
- Serve more sauce room temperature on the side.
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Large heavy bottom skillet
- Basting brush
I want to have a love affair with Mina! Sounds awesome! ðŸ˜ŠðŸ‘ðŸ¾
This looks so amazing- I saw it on Insta- but it’s definitely drool worthy as it’s made my mouth water both times 🙂
Have a great weekend Teri!
I actually bought their harissa from the fresh market and I love it! 🙂
I used the red hot Mina on a roasted pork shoulder with cannellini beans. So delicious!! I’d love to try the others.
I’m really anxious to try this recipe and this line of products as I’ve not cooked with them before