Breakfast for dinner, anyone? What creates success when eating healthy is not focusing on what I can’t eat, but anticipating the beautiful things I can eat. This fiesta dish begins with sweet potatoes thinly cut and sautéed and then layered with your favorite toppings. I’m crazy about eggs, bacon, avocado, cilantro, jalapeno and more! Take it and make it your own. I love to make this when I am doing Whole30, using compliant bacon. Serve with the zesty red pepper ranch, which by the way is delicious in a salad or as a dipping sauce.
[recipe title=”Fiesta Breakfast” print=”true” ]
- Japanese Sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced thin
- Coconut oil
- Green onions, sliced
- Jalapeno, sliced
- Eggs, fried
- Avocados, sliced
- Cilantro, diced
- Bacon, in pieces
- Pear tomatoes, diced
- Marinated red onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢
Zesty Red Pepper Ranch
- 2 red peppers
- 1 egg
- 1 cup light olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- 2 T red wine vinegar
- ¾ tsp salt
- ¾ tsp pepper
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 handful basil, chopped
- 1 handful chives, chopped
- Marinate red onions at least 2 hours ahead (or the day before ) – follow recipe (linked above)
- Zesty Red Pepper Ranch: Oil the red peppers generously with olive oil. Then Broil in the oven for about 5 minutes a side. Blend all other ingredients for the ranch together with an immersion blender for about 1 minute. Then, in a food processor, puree the two roasted red peppers with 1 cup of ranch.
- Sweet potato crisps: Slice the sweet potatoes thin, as thin as possible. Heat up coconut oil until it’s hot but not smoky. In small batches, sauté the sweet potatoes for 2-3 minutes. Be sure not to overcrowd the pan. Remove, place on a paper towel lined plate, then salt.
- Create a beautiful platter: Start with the sweet potato crisps, then assemble with all other toppings. Think of it as an art project.
- Cutting board
- Measuring spoons and measuring cups
- Paring knife and rocking Santoku knife
- Citrus juicer
- Sheet pan
- Food processor (14 cup)
- Immersion blender
- Sauté pan
This looks incredible! I can’t wait to try it.
Let me know how yours turns out!
Wow! This looks perfect! Itâ€™s on my calendar for a dinner this week.