Suggestions for going green-ish
As you know, I am starting my journey to reducing my eco footprint! Followers sent a lot of great ideas…and here they are to get you started! If you have more ideas….send them our way…to email@example.com.
- Eliminate single use plastic bags…try reusable cloth and canvas bags!
- Eliminate plastic containers….try glass jars (you can start with new or re-use those empty ones again and again!)
- Eliminate paper towels, paper plates and disposable flatware try reusable flatware, cloth towels and cloth napkins
- Eliminate disposable straws…get reusable ones and always have them with you.
- Get a great reusable water bottle.
- Repurpose your leftovers or share with family and friends or those in need.
- Buy local, in season produce…and when possible, organic.
- Upcycle and donate unwanted household items to local schools/shelters.
- Make your own household cleaning products (check out @zerowastechica for some great ideas and instructions).
- Save your kitchen scraps…vegetable scraps for soups and stocks, citrus peels for cleaners, cucumber butts for infusing your water with flavor.
- For those kitchen scraps that you can’t save or reuse….COMPOST!!
- Collect rain water and water your plants with it.
- Use GPS apps to always plot your shortest route when driving.
- If you are a new parent, consider cloth diapers.