Homemade Noodles for Chicken Soup
Note: I use this noodle only for chicken noodle soup.Print
There’s nothing better than homemade chicken noodle soup! These are great for meal prep and easy weeknight eating.
- 2/3 cup white all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Work the mixture with your hands, folding the flour over the egg until the dough can be rolled into a ball and comes clean from the hands.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes. Then let stand for about 1 hour.
- Roll the dough, stretching it a little more with each roll (between each roll and stretching, continue to sprinkle with flour to keep from sticking). Repeat this procedure about 10 times or until the dough is as thin and as translucent as you can get it. Cut dough into desired size strips.
- Cook in water until done, about 10 minutes.
Don’t cook these in the broth; it will make the broth cloudy. Store in a glass container, then add to the soup when you heat it up.
Keywords: chicken noodle soup