This delicious seafood salad is perfect whether you’re on Whole30, observing Lent, or just feeling hungry for salmon!
- 2 lb salmon
- 12 ounces French green beans, blanched
- 12 ounces pear tomatoes, halved and sprinkled with salt
- 8 T Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢
- 2 Persian cucumbers
- Lots of sorted soft lettuces
- 1 cup Nicoise olives, halved
- Chives, chopped, for sprinkling over
- 2 Japanese Sweet Potatoes (or Bonitas), peeled
- Coconut Oil
- Kosher Salt
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, Meyers if possible
- 1/2 cup high-quality olive oil
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 t kosher salt
- 1/4 t crushed black pepper
- 2 T chives
- WholeSister’s Ranch
Cut tomatoes and pitted black olives in half, and thinly slice Persian cucumbers. Add a bit of dressing to each to marinate. Pick a nice assortment of beautiful soft lettuces. Wash, dry, tear into pieces and set aside.
Cut salmon into ”˜fingers’ about 3/4 inch thick. Pan sear them on the stove, about 1-1/2 minutes per side (longer if you want them more fully cooked).
Make the dressing by whisking all ingredients together. Add chives and stir.
Cut the sweet potatoes as thinly as possible. Heat the oil to hot, but not smoky. Sauté one slice in the coconut oil to test it out. Once you know how long it takes to get them nice and crispy, sauté the remaining slices. Remove and set on paper towel at room temperature. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
Here’s the FUN part: assemble your salad beautifully, drizzle with dressing. Serve.