Our new Caesar Toast recipe is luscious, delicious, and easy–the explosion of flavors is pretty much epic!
For the Caesar Dressing
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup light olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and pressed
- 2 anchovy filets
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon compliant Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
For the toast
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or more
- 4 garlic cloves, slivered
- 4 slices of bread
- 4 tablespoons grated parmesan, divided
- 4 ounces lettuce of choice, we used romaine, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- Chili crisp, optional for garnish
- 4 wedges of fresh lemon
Make the dressing:
- Crack the egg into a mason jar. Using a hand blender, slowly add oil as you blend, pausing to let it incorporate. Continue to add more oil slowly. Then add the garlic and the anchovies and blend. Add the lemon juice, salt, Dijon, and pepper and blend well. Cover and place in the refrigerator.
Saute the bread:
- In a frying pan over medium heat, add 2 tablespoons of oil. Add the garlic slices and cook, stirring constantly, until golden brown, about 1 minute. Set aside as they become browned and crispy. Watch the garlic carefully because it will burn easily.
- Add the bread to the pan and saute until it’s nice and golden brown, about 1 ½ minutes. Flip the bread, sprinkle 1 tablespoon of parmesan over the top and toast until golden, for about 1 more minute. Flip once more to melt the parmesan a bit, about 10 seconds, or immediately remove the bread and set aside.
Fry the eggs:
- Crack the eggs in the pan, adding more oil if necessary, and try to keep the eggs separate. Season with salt and black pepper. Fry the eggs, sunny side up, until done to your liking.
Assemble the toast:
- Salt the greens and toss with 1 or 2 tablespoons of the dressing. Top the bread with the dressed greens. Add the fried egg on top and sprinkle parmesan over the egg. Garnish with the garlic crisps, and optionally, add a drizzle of chili crisp. Squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the top and enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 piece of toast
- Calories: 322
- Sugar: 2.9 g
- Sodium: 497.8 mg
- Fat: 22.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Protein: 11.7 g
- Cholesterol: 195.3 mg
Keywords: Caesar toast recipe, toast recipe, toast, Caesar dressing, Caesar salad