Teri’s most spectacular salad recipes with shrimp, and a easy Shrimp Greek Salad recipe that is a real showstopper!
For Feta Vinaigrette:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 4-5 ounces sheep’s milk feta, drained
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 1 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lemon, juice and zest
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 8 ounces romaine, washed and dried
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- ¾ pound cucumber, sliced
- 3/4 cup (4-6 ounces) pepperoncini, sliced
- 8 ounces California green olives, pitted
- ¾ pound sheep’s milk feta in brine
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Marinated Red Onions, optional
Make the vinaigrette.
- In a food processor, blender, or in a jar with an immersion blender, blend all of the ingredients. Set aside.
Make the shrimp.
- Place the shrimp in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic, stirring well. Pour the mixture over the shrimp in the other bowl, toss to coat. Let marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Place a large frying pan over high heat to get it really hot. Using a slotted spoon to allow the excess marinade to drain off, arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the pan and cook until golden, about 1 to 2 minutes each side.
Assemble the salad.
- Make a bed of greens on your serving platter and salt them. Arrange the tomatoes, cucumbers, pepperoncini, olives, feta, avocado, and shrimp over the top. Drizzle with feta vinaigrette or serve with dressing on the side. Top with marinated red onions.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 606
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 1406 mg
- Fat: 50.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 17.3 g
- Protein: 26.7 g
- Cholesterol: 172.5 mg
Keywords: shrimp, greek salad, shrimp greek salad, shrimp salad, salad recipes with shrimp