This Grilled Vegetable Summer Salad is perfect for a delicious lunch or for a total crowd pleaser at any summer BBQ!
- 1 pound zucchini
- ½ pound of asparagus, whole
- 2 bell peppers, one red one orange, whole
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 precooked sausages, sliced in ½ inch rounds
- 1 pound small white potatoes, parboiled, partially cooked
- 1/3 cup Marinated Red Onion oil
- 2 ounces goat milk feta cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, divided
- ¼ cup basil, ribbon cut
- Scant ¼ cup thinly cut chives
- Marinated Red Onions for garnish, optional
- Turn the grill on to 450°F and preheat the grill pan for 5 minutes.
- Wash and dry your zucchini, then cut into ½ inch rounds.
- Put the asparagus, zucchini, and bell peppers in a large bowl, keeping the vegetables separate. Drizzle them with the olive oil, season with salt and gently toss each group of vegetables. *Preserve the leftover oil in the mixing bowl for a later step
- Grill the vegetables one by one on the grill pan, starting with zucchini for 5 minutes on one side, then flip the slices and cook for 2 more minutes or until done. Set aside on a sheet tray.
- Next, put the peppers on the grill pan and grill for about 20 minutes, flipping the peppers every 5 minutes until charred and softened. Once cooked through, set aside on the sheet tray.
- Place the asparagus on the grill pan for 4 to 5 minutes, tossing once halfway. Set aside on the sheet tray.
- Toss sausage rounds on the grill pan and cook for until cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes, flipping once the first side is browned.
- In the mixing bowl we used earlier, toss the pre-cooked potatoes in the remaining oil and salt. Place on the grill pan and cook until browned, for 6 to 10 minutes.
- Make the dressing: Mix the marinated red onion oil, 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar, and 1 ounce of the feta cheese in the mixing bowl used for the vegetables.
- Make the salad: Put the grilled vegetables, sausages, and potatoes in the bowl and toss from the bottom until it is all coated with the dressing. Top with basil, chives, and remaining feta cheese. Optionally, marinated onions are also great on top.
Keywords: grilled vegetables, summer salad