Take Taco Tuesday to the next level with this amazing platter!
For the chicken:
- 4 chicken cutlets
- 4 tsp Pollo Picante spice blend (recipe below)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil (for cooking)
For the Beef:
- 1 pound Ground beef 10% fat
- 1–2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp Granulated garlic
- ¼ tsp Cayenne
For the sauce:
- 1 container of plain Icelandic Provisions Skyr
- 1 16 oz jar of store bought salsa (I used Frontera Fire roasted salsa)
For the Pollo Picante Seasoning:
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
For the platter:
- 1 box of romaine lettuce
- 1 can of pinto beans (heated)
- ¾ cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 cups shredded purple cabbage, cut in strips
- 1 cup of peeled cucumbers, chopped into ½” thick chunks
- ½ cup green onions, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in ½
- 1 avocado thinly sliced
- ½ pound mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 batch marinated onions (click here for recipe)
- Tortilla shells, gluten free chips (We used Siete)
Mix all ingredients together well in a bowl.
To make the chicken:
Sprinkle the chicken cutlets with 4 tsp Pollo Picante spice blend and set aside for about 15 minutes. You can toss in a bowl or rub each cutlet with 1 tsp of spice.
Put 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Sauté chicken for 3 minutes on one side then flip and cover, cook for 3 more minutes. Do in batches if necessary. Remove and set aside.
To make the beef:
Wipe the excess oil from the pan. Heat 1-2 Tbsp olive oil (10% fat meat is kind of lean). Add the meat and spices, can cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, breaking into pieces. Don’t touch for 2 ½ minutes or until all the pink is gone. Then stir so that all of the ground beef gets browned evenly.
To make the sauce:
Mix together Skyr and salsa in Cuisinart and blend until smooth.
Assemble the platter:
Start with a bed of romaine, then place the pinto beans, shredded radishes, sliced purple cabbage, cucumbers, green onions, tomatoes, avocado slices, shredded cheese and marinated onions in sections all around the platter, leaving space for the chicken and the beef.
Drizzle the vegetables with marinated onion oil, cut the chicken breasts and add them and the beef to the platter. Now dig in! Everyone can make their tacos the way they want!