- 2 tablespoons Tomato Confit MAGIC ELIXIRS oil
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoons pressed garlic
- 3/4 cup Tomato Confit MAGIC ELIXIRS
- 1–1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 bunch (about 1.25 ounces) + 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, divided
- 1 box Chickapea Pasta shells
- 1 cup mozzarella balls, chopped
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 handful arugula
In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat warm tomato confit oil, add shallots and sweat for 1 minute. Add the garlic, stirring and cooking 30 seconds. Then add the tomato confit stirring to combine. Add the wine, vegetable stock and 1 teaspoon of salt. Stirring while bringing to a boil. Then reduce heat and let simmer for 8-10 minutes. When done, remove half of the sauce that was simmering and blend in a food processor. Reduce the heat to low and transfer the blended sauce back to the sauce pan. Add the red pepper flakes, stirring to combine.
Meanwhile, in a medium pot bring water to a boil with 2 tablespoons of salt and 1 bunch basil leaves. Add the Chickapea pasta and cook for 6-8 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, scoop pasta out and transfer immediately to the saucepan.
Add the mozzarella, Parmesan, parsley, 1/4 cup ripped basil, stirring to melt the cheese, about 1 minute. Add the arugula and gently fold. Serve.