Our greek salad is perfect for Spring cooking! It’s great for a family meal, a party, or even weeknight eating!
For the Salad:
- 2 Greek style Everyday Roasted Chicken Breasts
- 2 pounds of assorted tomatoes
- 2 batches of Marinated Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS (click here for recipe)
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and chopped into chunks
- 1 sweet or spicy summer pepper, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup olives
- 3/4 pound of Sheep’s milk Feta cheese in brine
Greek style Everyday Roasted Chicken Breasts:
- 2 bone in and skin on chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp of Greek seasoning blend (see recipe below)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Greek Seasoning Blend:
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp dried mint
For the Creamy Feta Vinaigrette Dressing:
- 2 oz sheep’s milk feta
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp water
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp Chives
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Make the Blend:
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until well combine. Store in an airtight container.
- Make the Chicken Breasts:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Rub 3/4 tsp of the Greek seasoning blend on each chicken breast. Then, drizzle 1/2 of the olive oil on each and tub the oil and seasonings all over each piece. Finish by sprinkling 1/2 tsp salt on each breast.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, then brush the top of the chicken with the juices. Return to oven for 5 minutes to brown the top. Remove from oven. If it isn’t brown enough at this point, baste again, turn up the oven temp, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- For the Vinaigrette:
- In a food processor, pulse all ingredients together until smooth. If needed, season with salt and pepper.
- Make the Salad:
- Assemble vegetables and chicken breasts on a large platter. Add the Feta cheese and top with the Marinated Onions. Salt and pepper the vegetables and drizzle a generous amount of Marinated Onion oil all over the salad. Serve with the vinaigrette and enjoy!
Remember that this recipe is just a guide. You can adjust amounts so you have enough for the group you’re feeding. Maybe there is a tomato lover so you can add more tomatoes. Cheese lovers? Get a pound of Feta. Or if someone likes more protein, make an extra chicken breast and add that on!