- 1 eight-pound pork shoulder on the bone
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 1 T fresh oregano
- 5 cloves of garlic, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 250º.
2. Salt and pepper the pork shoulder on all sides and place in baking dish leaving fat side up. Remove thyme and oregano leaves off the sprigs and sprinkle on the top of the pork.
3. Cook uncovered in the oven for 6 hours. Top with the garlic.
4. Return to the oven and cook for 2 hours.
5. Remove, cool and serve.
Keywords: slow roasting, pork roast recipe