Roy’s Everyday Pancakes are perfect for gluten free and gluten full eaters. They are fluffy, delicious and perfect for your next brunch!
- 2 ½ cups Bob’s Red Mill Paleo baking flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups milk
- 4 tablespoons melted butter
- Butter, room temperature
- Maple syrup, warmed, optional
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites into two medium bowls.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- Whisk the egg yolks and add and whisk the milk in. Add the mixture to the dry ingredients and combine. Mix in the melted butter.
- Gently fold in the egg whites into the batter until just combined. You don’t want to overmix as overmixing will lead to denser pancakes.
- Preheat the griddle over medium heat and oil with butter.
- When the butter is melted, pour a scant ¼ cup of the pancake batter onto the griddle. Make as many pancakes as your griddle or pan allows.
- Cook the pancake until it is bubbling throughout , and/or the edges appear cooked and the bottom is golden brown, about 2 to 4 minutes. Flip the pancakes and continue cooking for another 2 minutes until the other side is also golden brown.
- When the pancakes are done, plate and serve as you go. You can eat them plain, but dress them up with a bit more butter and warm maple syrup for a touch of sweetness!
- If you are making these ahead of time, I would suggest you turn your oven on to 175°F or the lowest possible temperature you can before you start making the batter so that you can keep the pancakes warm between batches on a sheet tray.
- For GF or Regular Flour, Make Lemon Blueberry Pancakes: Try stirring in 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest, 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract just after you add the milk. As you cook the pancakes, sprinkle desired amount of blueberries on top before flipping. You’ll need 2 or 3 cups of berries, give or take, depending on preference.
- If you prefer a sweeter pancake, feel free to add a bit more sugar to the recipe.
Keywords: gluten free pancakes, pancakes