For the Cupcakes:
1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt (to your liking)
1/2 cups unsalted butter melted
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1/2 cups milk
1 teaspoon vanilla
Ingredients for American Buttercream frosting:
4 cups powdered sugar
1 cup unsalted butter softened
3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
Instructions for Baking Cupcakes:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Put fun Halloween liners in a cupcake pan.
3. Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl and place aside.
4. In another bowl, add butter and sugar and beat until fluffy.
5. Add eggs, milk and vanilla and mix.
6. Add the dry ingredient a little at a time while mixing into the wet ingredients.
7. Add any color food coloring you’d like to the batter. I used green.
8. Pour the batter into the cupcake liners.
9. Fill them about halfway full to allow space for decoration.
10. Place in the oven for 13 minutes.
11. Test them with a toothpick to be sure it comes out clean.
12. Allow them to cool before you frost.
Instructions for making Buttercream frosting:
1. Melt your butter halfway and add it to a bowl.
2. Beat the butter for one minute.
3. Add powdered sugar little by little while beating the mixture.
4. Don’t worry at first it will seem dry.
5. After 3-4 minutes, add the vanilla and the heavy cream.
6. Whip until it is soft and creamy.
7. Add food coloring to the frosting. I divided it and made 1/2 yellow and 1/2 green.
Instructions for Adeline’s Eyeball Creations:
1. Put the frosting into a piping bag with a tip.
2. (You don’t have to use a piping bag, you can use a knife. I think it looks cuter and is easier.)
3. Place the frosting on by going around in a circle on top.
4. Take one eyeball and place in the middle of the cupcake.
5. The eyeballs can be placed up at an angle or laid flat.
6. For fun, add sprinkles or make a circle eyeball card and write: “Eye” hope you enjoy!
Keywords: halloween cupcakes, cupcake recipes