I love putting together a fabulous sandwich, and this is one of my favorites. It’s the perfect filling and delcious lunch!
- 1 twelve-inch baguette
- 4 slices of cheese, Applegate cheddar, provolone, or your choice
- 4–8 ounces of salami (we used a combination of Applegate uncured Soppressata and uncured Genoa salami)
- ¼ cup Pepperoncini
- 4 dill pickle slices
- Arugula or your favorite greens
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Smoky Red Pepper sauce Magic Elixirs (recipe below)
- Marinated Red Onions Magic Elixirs
Cut the baguette in ½, but not all the way through (leave one side of the bread connected) Scoop out the middle of the bread from both the top and the bottom to hollow it out.
Start by spreading about 2 Tbsp of Smoky Red Pepper Sauce on each side of the bread. Add more as needed.
Then begin to layer your ingredients. Start with salami, cheese (cut in ½), avocado, greens (lightly salted), pickles, marinated onions and pepperoncinis.
Use 3 long toothpicks to stick into the top of the bread to hold the sandwich together, equal distance apart. Then cut the sandwich into 3-4″ pieces.