- 1–1/4 cup Floating Leaf Sprouted Crimson Lentils, Wild Rice and Quinoa
- 3–3/4 cup chicken stock*
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 8 ounces brown mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon pinch of kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1–1/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 Serrano pepper, deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heroine Chicken
- Mashed Potatoes (recipe below)
- Green Beans (recipe below)
Rinse the Floating Leaf Sprouted Crimson Lentils, Wild Rice and Quinoa under cold water.
In a medium sauce pan over high heat, combine the chicken stock, rice and 1 bay leaf, stirring occasionally. Once boiling, continue to cook for 5 minutes. Then reduce the heat to medium low, cover and cook for 20 more minutes, or until done. Set aside.
In a medium sauté pan, over medium high heat, combine 1 tablespoon butter and 1 tablespoon olive oil, stirring to combine. Add the mushrooms, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, stirring occasionally and until brown, about 5-7 minutes. When done, transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Return the pan to the stove, over medium heat and add 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of olive oil, stirring until combined and melted. Add the onions and Serrano pepper and cook until caramelized, about 7 minutes. Turn off the heat. Then add the mushrooms to the sauté pan and the cooked rice, stirring to combine. Top with chopped parsley. Serve on a platter with Heroine chicken, Mashed Potatoes (recipe below) and Green Beans (recipe below).
To make it vegan, use vegetable stock instead of chicken stock and olive oil instead of butter.