- 2 Tablespoons Clarified butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallots
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped garlic
- 1 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 chopped yellow pepper
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 cups chicken broth, warmed and divided
- 1 cup asparagus
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, cut into three pieces
- 12 ounces crushed can tomatoes
- 1 box Chickapea Pasta
- Parmesan, for garnish
- Parsley, for garnish
In a large soup pot, over medium high heat, melt the clarified butter. Then add the shallots and garlic to the melted butter, stirring and cooking for 2 1/2 minutes.
Add the carrots to the pot and 1 teaspoon of salt, stirring to combine well and cook for 2 more minutes.
Add the yellow peppers, stirring and cooking for 1 minute.
Then add 7 cups of the warmed chicken broth and stir to combine. Using a medium bowl, dissolve the tomato paste in the remaining 1 cup of warmed chicken broth. Add the mixture to the pot along with the tomatoes, stirring to combine. Then add the Chickapea pasta to the pot and cook for 4 minutes.
Add the sugar snap peas and the asparagus and cook for 2 minutes. When done, add 1 teaspoon of salt, to taste.
Serve with parmesan and parsley.