This Sizzling Shrimp is a no-fail recipe that comes together in no time. Topped with Smoky Red Pepper Sauce, it is absolutely delicious!
For the Sizzling Shrimp:
- 2 lbs. shrimp, shells on (optional), and deveined
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1–½ tsp salt
- 1–½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 2 Tbsps fresh lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 6 Tbsps clarified butter, warmed
- 3 Tbsps Whole30 compliant hot sauce
For the Smoky Red Pepper Sauce MAGIC ELIXIRS(TM)
- 2 red peppers
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1½ tsp salt, divided
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsps red wine vinegar
- 1 cup Whole30 compliant mayo
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp Whole30 compliant hot sauce
For the Platter:
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- ½ purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 bunch radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1 jicama, cut into 2-inch-long matchsticks
- ¼ red onion, chopped fine
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
For the Shrimp:
Marinate the shrimp for 20 minutes in a mixture of olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice, and garlic.
Heat a large sauté pan over high heat. Add 1 Tbsp olive oil to the pan. Remove the shrimp one by one from the marinade and place them in a single layer in the pan. Cook for 3 minutes on one side, flip, and cook for 3 minutes on the other side.
When almost finished cooking on the second side, pour the clarified butter and hot sauce over the shrimp. Toss to coat well.
For the Smoky Red Pepper Sauce:
Roast the red peppers — Preheat the oven to broil. Drizzle 1 tsp of olive oil over the red peppers. Sprinkle ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp of pepper over the peppers. Broil in the oven for 30 minutes, or until charred, flipping in the middle.
Remove from the oven, let cool. Then remove the skins.
In a food processor or Vitamix, blend the roasted red peppers, with the red wine vinegar, 1 tsp salt, mayo, cayenne and hot sauce together until smooth.
For the Platter:
Assemble your platter, starting with the lettuce, then all the remaining vegetables. Add the Sizzling Shrimp (remember — peel before you eat) and the Roasted Red Pepper MAGIC ELIXIRSâ„¢ to the platter.
Make up your lettuce wraps and enjoy!
NOTE: If your pan is not big enough and you have to cook the shrimp in batches, split the clarified butter and hot sauce into batches as well. Serve.