- 2 lbs shrimp, shells on, and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 Tbsp clarified butter, warmed
- 3 Tbsp Whole30 compliant hot sauce
- Marinate shrimp for 20 minutes in a mixture of olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, lemon juice and garlic.
- Mix clarified butter and hot sauce together right before cooking shrimp. Set aside.
- Over high heat on the stove, heat a large pan. Place shrimp in a single layer in the very hot pan and cook for 3 minutes a side. When almost finished cooking on the second side, pour clarified butter mixture over the shrimp. If your pan is not big enough and you have to do them in batches, split the clarified butter mixture into batches as well.
Keywords: whole30 shrimp, shrimp recipes, no-fail shrimp