These dreamsicles are the perfect summer treat!
- 2 packages Icelandic Provisions Key Lime Skyr
- 1/2 cup fruit, macerated (peaches, nectarines, plums or other summer fruit)
- 1 cup fruit, including peaches cut into small pieces and small whole raspberries
- 1 heaping tsp honey
- Popsicle mold
- Popsicle sticks
- Macerate fruit by hand or in a food processor or blender.
- In a large bowl, mix the Skyr, macerated fruit and honey together. Stir to combine.
- Place some chopped fruit into the bottom of the popsicle mold, then spoon in some Skyr mixture. Repeat until the mold is full.
- Insert popsicle sticks and freeze for about 5 hours.
- Remove and Serve. *
Depending on what type of mold you use, removing the frozen pops can be a challenge. Fill your sink with warm water (not hot). Dip the whole mold (almost to the top) into the water for about 15 seconds. Remove the mold out of the water, then carefully and slowly pull the pops from the mold. If they are still difficult to remove, place in the warm water for another 10 seconds.
After removing, place on a sheet tray, return to freezer for a few minutes, then remove and serve.
Keywords: homemade popsicles, summer treat, light dessert