These mini meatloaves were absolutely delicious and so much fun muffin size. This photo cannot possibly convey how delicious they were! I made these as a special treat for myself because I’ve started Whole 30/Paleo, but made that wonderful pasta dish for everyone else and I didn’t want to feel deprived–and guess what happened: every single mini loaf was eaten! I will definitely double the batch next time! This recipe is a variation from the book 30 Minute Paleo Meals
For the meat
- olive oil for greasing
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1-2 eggs mixed
- 1/2 onion finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons assorted seasonings, 3 equal parts of basil, oregano, and garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons French’s yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon homemade paleo Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, onion garlic, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, fennel seeds, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into twelve equal portions and place in the prepared muffin tin. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While that’s cooking, make the sauce. In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix well.
- Remove the tin from the oven and brush the meatloaves with the prepared sauce.
Transfer the meatloaves back to the oven and bake for an additional 5-7 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve immediately.
* I like to double the sauce to dip it in or use for something else.