Soft Serve Icelandic Provisions Skyr Cookie Sandwiches
This recipe is actually for 2 different combinations of sandwiches. We loved, feel free to come up with your own combos. There are so many great flavors of Skyr!
- Gluten free chocolate chip cookies (I used Amanda Paa’s recipe of heartbeetkitchen, click here to get it)
- 2 containers Icelandic Provisions Raspberry Skyr
- Double chocolate chip cookies (I used store bought, and I prefer the softer kind)
- 2 containers of Icelandic Provisions Coconut Skyr
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- Pinch of sugar
- 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar
Raspberry Chocolate Chip cookie sandwiches
If you are making your own cookies – be sure to let them cool before using. Spread 1 cookie with 1-2 tablespoons of Raspberry Skyr. Then place a cookie on top to make a sandwich. Repeat until you have used all of your Skyr. Set the sandwiches on a try or sheet pan.
Strawberry Double Chocolate Chip cookie sandwiches
In a small bowl, muddle the strawberries with a pinch of sugar. Be sure to leave some chunks, don’t completely macerate them. Then add the balsamic vinegar and stir.
Drain off the excess liquid (or use a slotted spoon to remove from the bowl). Place the Icelandic Provisions Coconut Skyr in a medium bowl and fold the strawberries in, stirring gently to combine.
Spread 1 cookie with 1-2 tablespoons of Coconut Skyr. Place a cookie on top to make a sandwich. Repeat until you have used all of your Skyr. Set the sandwiches on a try or sheet pan.
When you have finished making all of the sandwiches and have placed them on trays. Put the trays into the freezer and let set, but not frozen, for about 30 minutes, remove and enjoy!