I am so excited to share my Mini Greek Salad lunch to-go, with a new Magic Elixir, Whole30 Tzatziki sauce. I can’t wait for you to try it! Although my kids are grown and living across the country, my happiest times were making them beautiful lunches for @nocrumbslefts_kid and @nocrumbslefts_otherkid. Creating delicious lunches like this reminds me of those happy times!
Whole30 On the go Mini Greek Salads with Tzatziki Sauce MAGIC ELIXIRS™
- 2 Greek style Everyday Roasted Chicken Breasts (recipe below)
- ½ cup Tomato Confit MAGIC ELIXIRS™
- Marinated Red Onions MAGIC ELIXIRS™
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled and chopped into chunks (or 1 English)
- 1/3 cup olives
- 1 avocado, cut into chunks
- Greens (whatever you like)
- Tzatziki sauce MAGIC ELIXIRS™ (recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp of sliced chives
Assemble salads in to go containers with Tzatziki Sauce MAGIC ELIXIRS™. Or create a plate or platter for lunch at home.
Greek Style Everyday Roasted Chicken Breasts
- 2 bone in and skin on chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 tsp of Greek seasoning blend (see recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Rub 3/4 tsp of the Greek seasoning blend on each chicken breast. Then, drizzle 1/2 of the olive oil on each and tub the oil and seasonings all over each piece. Finish by sprinkling 1/2 tsp salt on each breast.
Bake for about 35 minutes, then brush the top of the chicken with the juices. Return to oven for 5 minutes to brown the top. Remove from oven. If it isn’t brown enough at this point, baste again, turn up the oven temp, and bake for another 10 minutes.
Greek seasoning blend
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried dill
- 2 tsp dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp dried mint
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
Whole30 Tzatziki Sauce MAGIC ELIXIRS™
- 1 cup Whole30 compliant mayo
- 1 1/2 Tbsp garlic, pressed
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup finely chopped cucumbers (smallest dice possible)
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp finely chopped mint
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
In a medium bowl, place mayo, minced garlic, olive oil and vinegar and whisk together.
Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until well combined.
Pour into jar and keep refrigerated.