- 1 Lb salmon, deboned and skin removed
- ¾ cup finely diced celery
- ¾ cup finely diced onion
- ½ finely diced red pepper
- ¼ cup finely diced chives
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 t Old Bay seasoning
- ½ egg-mixed well, no strands remaining
- almond meal, enough for dusting
- Extra Virgin Olive oil for sautéing
- Tartar Sauce MAGIC ELIXIRS (recipe below)
Cut salmon into medium chunks and place into the food processor. Process for 2 seconds (you don’t want to macerate the salmon).
Place in a bowl and add the celery, onion, red pepper and chives. Mix well and add salt and Old Bay.
When ready to cook, mix in the egg and form 5 oz. patties. Put some of the almond meal on a plate. Place patties onto almond meal mixture and gently turn over, then repeat.
In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, warm the oil, then sauté the patties about 2-3 minutes a side.
If you are not cooking all the salmon at one time, set aside the extra in a mason without the egg. When you are ready to use, just add some egg back in.
Keywords: salmon recipes, whole30 salmon, seafood lunch, salmon burger