- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Diet: Gluten Free
These salmon cakes are great for weeknight eating and can be prepped in advance.
- 1 pound salmon, skinned and boned
- ¾ cup celery, diced small
- ¾ cup onion, diced small
- ½ red pepper, diced small
- 1 cup fresh bread crumbs
- ¼ t. sea salt
- 1 T. Old Bay seasoning
- flour (can be gluten free)
- 1 egg–beat lightly with a fork before adding to the ingredients
- Put salmon in food processor and blitz for only 2 seconds as you do not want to macerate the salmon. I like to have some texture.
- Place in a bowl and add the celery, onion and red pepper.
- Mix well and season with salt and Old Bay. Can sit overnight in refrigerator before going further.
- When ready to cook, mix in the egg. Make patties in desired size.
- In a separate dish, mix cornmeal and flour. Put some of the mixture on a plate. Place patties onto flour mixture and gently turn over, then repeat.
- Saute in oil that’s medium hot until done—2-3 minutes a side for small patties, 4-5 minutes a side for large.
For gluten free, leave out the bread crumbs and coat the patty with gluten free flour and corn meal; take care when flipping!
Keywords: salmon cakes